My rear shifter cable was locked up this morning due to the -6°C weather. The cold certainly separated culled the fairweather cyclists, wiping out 2/3 of the riders who've made it this far. And yet, that hardy species persists, there were half a dozen riders with me at several intersections.
The snow did claim one victim; a fellow who took a spill on some packed snow at a broad turn on a gentle grade. I stopped to see if I could help; his brake handle had cracked from the blow!
Three good things that happened this week:
- I've found someone who'll sell us joint life insurance for only 50% more than I've been paying just for my cover.
- I managed to save nearly $400 on our home & auto insurance by finding a new provider.
- I'm managing a project for a non-profit; the usual mix of screw-ups (resignations, technical issues, licensing matters) and I'm having a ball.
Three reasons to be thankful:
- My cheap sketchy tires dealt with the ice and snow quite nicely, thank you.
- No more TTC for the week, I cannot over-stress what a good thing this is.
- Bright and clear skies, after weeks of gloom.